Software Engineer iOS (all genders)
Festanstellung, Vollzeit München | Berlin | Wolfsburg
Why us?We are Elli – a brand of Volkswagen Group. Elli is developing Energy and Charging Solutions for Business and Retail customers in Europe. We want to support our customers wherever energy meets mobility. Intelligent, easy to use, reliable and 100% environmentally friendly. Our Vision is to change the world of energy and make it tangible for our customers – easy and effortless. As part of the Volkswagen Group we want to be the first company to offer our clients a seamless and holistic charging and energy experience.
- We are a dynamic team giving you the chance to quickly take on ownership and responsibility.
- Our success is built on an international working environment and an open minded, modern and innovative corporate culture.
- Seize the opportunity to shape the future of mobility.
- Be part of a highly motivated team with an international setting in 2024.
- Experience our agile way of working.
- Gain benefits from our people development programm and flexible working hours.
Each industry owes something to our planet - for ours this means executing the transition towards fully electrified mobility. For some reason, many still believe that the switch will happen by just swapping the gas tank for a battery. But it won’t.
At Elli, we like working with engineers who put their heads together to solve complex issues. For Engineering Ellians, this means knowledge-sharing at all levels: from pairing sessions and code reviews to lightning talks and company-wide sprint reviews. You’ll be joining a progressive organization that cares about empowering individuals and their careers - you will challenge us, we will challenge you and together we will shape the future of electromobility.
Elli’s goal is to build the leading platform for all charging related services in Europe. Right now we provide our customers with access to a rapidly growing network of more than 540k public charging stations all over Europe. In the upcoming years we want to become one of the leading providers for eco-friendly smart-home products and disrupt the energy market by leveraging the possibilities of electromobility.
At Elli Engineering we do believe in “you build it, you run it” philosophy and truly live DevOps! We are fully cloud native and have been continuously adapting modern software delivery practices. We aim to build secure and reliable systems without impacting time-to-market. Our information security is measured against ISO/IEC 27001:2013 controls and the reliability of our services is measured against strict SLAs with external stakeholders.
This is only a subset of the interesting challenges on our table and we are looking for a passionate iOS Engineer who will help us to face them together!
You can learn more about our opinion on the latest Software Engineering Trends by checking out our tech-radar: https://techradar.elli.eco/
Your profileAs an iOS Engineer at Elli, you'll be at the forefront of crafting iOS applications that push the boundaries of user experience when it comes to EV charging. You'll collaborate with an exceptional team of product managers, UX designers, and fellow engineers to transform ideas into beautifully designed, high-performance mobile apps that captivate our users.
- Design, develop, and maintain Elli app features ensuring they are intuitive and user-friendly while proactively identifying opportunities for modularization and code refactoring to improve maintainability, scalability, and code quality.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to understand product requirements and contribute to an elegant app design and user experience.
- Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest iOS programming techniques.
- Analyze and optimize application code for quality, performance, efficiency, and scalability following industry-leading best practices and coding standards.
- Conduct comprehensive testing, including unit testing, integration testing, and user interface testing, to ensure code reliability, robustness, and an exceptional user experience.
- Take ownership of specific components or modules within the iOS app, leading their development, maintenance, and optimization, and ensuring they align with the overall app architecture and design.
- Tackle technical challenges and bugs with finesse to elevate app stability and performance.
- Contribute to a culture of excellence through active participation in code reviews, pair programming sessions and our communities of practice.
- Foster a positive engineering culture within the company, championing creativity, innovation, and collaboration.
- 2+ years of experience building iOS applications in Swift using UIKit and SwiftUI.
- Experience building features using Combine and Async/Await.
- Experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit testing techniques.
- Proficiency in integrating RESTful APIs and third-party libraries and services.
- Solid experience with version control systems, particularly Git.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills. Our primary language of communication is English and Swift.
- A relentless passion for learning and staying current with the latest trends and technologies in mobile app development.
Nice to have:
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) processes and relevant tooling.
- Understanding of Design Systems and why they are important in Product development.