Senior Backend Engineer (all genders)
Permanent, Fulltime Munich | Berlin | Wolfsburg
Why us?We are Elli – a brand of Volkswagen Group. Elli is developing Energy and Charging Solutions for Business and Retail customers in Europe. We want to support our customers wherever energy meets mobility. Intelligent, easy to use, reliable and 100% environmentally friendly. Our Vision is to change the world of energy and make it tangible for our customers – easy and effortless. As part of the Volkswagen Group we want to be the first company to offer our clients a seamless and holistic charging and energy experience.
- We are a dynamic team giving you the chance to quickly take on ownership and responsibility.
- Our success is built on an international working environment and an open minded, modern and innovative corporate culture.
- Seize the opportunity to shape the future of mobility;
- Be part of a highly motivated team with an international setting in 2024;
- Experience our agile way of working;
- Gain benefits from our people development programm and flexible working hours.
Your missionEach industry owes something to our planet - for ours this means executing the transition towards fully electrified mobility. For some reason, many still believe that the switch will happen by just swapping the gas tank for a battery. But it won’t.
At Elli, we like working with engineers who put their heads together to solve complex issues. For Engineering Ellians, this means knowledge-sharing at all levels: from pairing sessions and code reviews to lightning talks and company-wide sprint reviews. You’ll be joining a progressive organization that cares about empowering individuals and their careers - you will challenge us, we will challenge you and together we will shape the future of electromobility.
Elli’s goal is to build the leading platform for all charging related services in Europe. Right now we provide our customers with access to a rapidly growing network of more than 540k public charging stations all over Europe. In the upcoming years we want to become one of the leading providers for eco-friendly smart-home products and disrupt the energy market by leveraging the possibilities of electromobility.
At Elli Engineering we do believe in “you build it, you run it” philosophy and truly live DevOps! We are fully cloud native and have been continuously adapting modern software delivery practices. We aim to build secure and reliable systems without impacting time-to-market. Our information security is measured against ISO/IEC 27001:2013 controls and the reliability of our services is measured against strict SLAs with external stakeholders.
This is only a subset of the interesting challenges on our table and we are looking for a passionate Senior Backend Engineer who will help us to face them together!
You can learn more about our opinion on the latest Software Engineering Trends by checking out our tech-radar: https://techradar.elli.eco/
Your profileYour tasks
- Actively learn and be always up-to-date with the industry trends and developments
- You will be part of an agile and independent team with end to end responsibility for a product
- Design, build and operate scalable production systems
- Advocate for maintaining a high quality bar, making sure quality and testing are part of the development work from day one
- Contribute to the team’s effectiveness and efficiency through setting an example of best SW development practices
- Contribute in one of our Communities of Practice
- Open to learning TypeScript as our main programming
- Extensive experience in developing high quality software in one of the modern programming languages (TypeScript, Python, Go, Java, Scala, C#)
- Experience in running production workloads in at least one of the leading public clouds (GCP, AWS, Azure) preferably GCP
- Experience in infrastructure provisioning tools like Terraform and Docker
- Experience in modern software development and delivery practices including Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment, Cloud Native and Microservices architecture, Everything as Code and Test Driven Development
- Experience in and readiness for working in cross-functional agile teams
- Deep knowledge in design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Passion for continuous improvement, technical and operational excellence
- Passion and eagerness to learn different tools, technologies and practices that are needed to get the job done
- Empathy, readiness to coach, pair with and learn from others
- Fluent in English
Nice to have
- Experience in Typescript
- Experience in working in true DevOps teams where “you build it, you run it”
- Experience in modern secure software development practices including threat modeling, SAST and DAST
- Experience in EV charging field